Last Updated: August 25th 2017
Gold Label Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Review
Gold Label coconut oil is one of the very best coconut oils on the market today. Gold Label uses coconuts that are grown organically in the nutrient rich volcanic soils that surround Mt. Banahaw in the Philippines. This amazingly growing environment produces some of the most nutrient packed coconuts in the world. Numerous independent laboratory tests have shown that Gold Label coconut oil has higher levels of phenolic antioxidants than other coconut oils have, making it a healthier choice than other types of coconut oil.
Only the very best coconuts go into Gold Label Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. All the coconuts used in Gold Label coconut oil are grown on family farms that surround Mt. Banahaw, are handpicked with care and made into coconut oil within 48 hours of being harvested. Unlike most other brands of coconut oil, Gold Label coconut oil is not mass produced; it is made by hand, with care, using old Philippine traditional methods by the coconut farmers and their communities. All the farms and coconuts that Gold Label uses are USDA certified organic, and all the farmers are trained and re-certified annually according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
This coconut oil is excellent for cooking and baking, for hair and skin care and as a health supplement. It is certified organic, cold pressed and unrefined. It contains no chemicals and is never subject to high heats while being made. It is grown and made, in an ethical manner that supports the communities and traditions of the Mt. Banahaw people. Gold Label is the gold standard of coconut oils. Not only is it a healthier coconut oil than most other brands are, but it is also produced in an ethically and environmentally friendly manner.
- Is USDA certified organic, and is unrefined and cold-pressed.
- It has zero trans fatty acids and no cholesterol
- It is completely non-GMO and contains no chemicals.
- Available in three sizes: 1 Gallon, 1 Quart and 16 Fl Oz
- It has highly beneficial lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid
- It has more phenolic antioxidants than other coconut oils have.
- Longer than average shelf life due to the higher than normal antioxidant properties it has.
- The 16 Fl Oz and the 1 Quart sizes of Gold Label coconut oil come in a glass jar
- The 16 Fl Oz jar weighs 1.6 pounds.
- The 1 Quart jar weighs 2.9 pounds.
- The 1 Gallon tub of Gold Label coconut oil weighs 8.4 pounds.
- Excellent for cooking and baking, and for skin and hair care.
- A superb health supplement and excellent for treating skin conditions.
- Is grown and made in an ethical and environmentally friendly manner.
- For cooking, has a smoke point of 280 degrees Fahrenheit
Customer reviews for Gold Label coconut oil are generally very positive. The large majority of customers agreed that it was excellent for skin and hair care, and as a health supplement. Customers also agreed it has both a bold taste and flavor; stronger than most other coconut oils have. Most customers loved its bold taste and scent; however, a few customers found it a bit too strong smelling and tasting. Those that found it too strong smelling or tasting, found it generally unsuitable for cooking or to use as a body lotion.
Several customers commented on how it helped heal their skin conditions and made a superb hair conditioner. There are also many customer comments on how fantastic it is as a butter replacement on toast and a shortening replacement in baking. In addition, several customers also commented on using it for their pets as a health supplement and to treat skin conditions. The biggest customer compliment was over Gold Label coconut oil's excellent health benefits, while the biggest customer complaint was over its strong taste and aroma.
- It is made by an environmentally conscious ethical company
- It has lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and has higher levels of phenolic antioxidants than other coconut oils have
- It is offered in a glass jar
- It has an excellent shelf life
- It is offered in three sizes
- Excellent for cooking and baking as a butter, margarine, shortening or vegetable oil substitute
- It is a superb health supplement
- Fantastic massage oil, skin moisturizer and hair conditioner
- It is excellent for treating skin conditions like eczema
- It is excellent for pets for a health supplement and to treat skin conditions
- It has a strong taste and smell, which some people may not like
- Lids don't always seal tight
- It is more expensive than many other brands of organic cold pressed coconut oils are
- Due to being unrefined it has a smoke point of 280 degrees Fahrenheit, making it unsuitable for high heat cooking