Last Updated: February 25th 2019
Spectrum Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil Review
If you are looking for a high quality coconut oil to use on your skin and hair, look no further; Spectrum coconut oil is the perfect choice. Spectrum coconut oil makes a superb body lotion, daily face cream and moisturizer, and a fantastic deep condition for damaged hair. Not only does it help to repair damaged skin and hair, but it helps to prevent future damage by protecting the skin and hair from wind, cold and sun. It has a light coconut scent that most people find enjoyable, making it a wonderful all over body lotion.
Spectrum Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil is also an excellent choice for those looking to soothe and heal skin conditions such as eczema, athlete's foot, diaper rash, sunburn, dermatitis and psoriasis. It is packed full of beneficial lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which help to repair damage done by skin conditions and helps to prevent skin conditions from reoccurring.
Spectrum coconut oil is USDA certified organic, unrefined and cold-pressed, to help ensure it retains as much of its natural goodness as possible. Due to it being unrefined, its smoke point is 280 degrees Fahrenheit, which is lower than refined coconut oil smoke point of 365 degrees Fahrenheit. The lower smoke point makes this coconut oil better for skin and hair care than for cooking. Spectrum coconut oil is the perfect base for those who like to make their own natural products; it is excellent for making your own toothpaste, sunscreen lotion, massage oil and skin and health care products. In addition, Spectrum is also an excellent coconut oil to take daily as a health supplement.
This coconut oil is safe for the whole family, from babies to seniors, to dogs and cats. Due to the oil being unrefined and cold-pressed, it contains higher levels of healthy beneficial properties than refined coconut oil has. If you are looking for a natural face cream to help fight wrinkles; a cream to soothe and heal serious skin conditions like dermatitis and psoriasis; a deep condition for dry damaged hair or just an all over body lotion to keep your skin soft and supple, Spectrum coconut oil is an excellent choice.
- Cold pressed and unrefined
- USDA Certified organic
- Weighs 14.2 ounces and product container measures 8 x 7 x 10 inches
- Contains lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid
- Excellent for skin and hair care
- Excellent for treating skin conditions such as eczema and diaper rash
- Safe for use with cloth diapers
- Very light coconut aroma
- Safe for the whole family
Customer reviews for Spectrum coconut oil were generally very positive. Customers raved about how well it helped their dry skin, brittle nails and dry fly-away hair. Customers also commented on how well it helped to soothe and treat conditions ranging from eczema, nose bleeds due to dry conditions, diaper rash, cracked heels and sun burn. Customers were extremely pleased with the light pleasant coconut smell that Spectrum coconut oil has and with its long shelf life. In addition, customers were very pleased with how long it lasted; a little goes a long way.
One customer commented on how much it helped her elderly cat's dry skin when used externally on it, while another customer commented on how much it helped her damaged fly-away hair. Several customer reviews mentioned replacing their traditional face cream and body lotion with it and were extremely pleased with the results. Most customers said they planned to purchase Spectrum coconut oil again.
Although, most customer comments were extremely positive, there was the occasional complaint; one customer felt it was too oily, while two reviewers said they did not like the smell of it at all. In addition, there was the occasional complaint about the product being in a plastic container.
Overall, about 90% of customer reviews were very positive for Spectrum coconut oil and the product was highly recommended.
- It is organic and cold-pressed
- Soothes and treats a variety of skin conditions such as eczema, sunburn, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Long shelf life
- It has a very pleasant soft coconut scent
- Long lasting; a little goes a long way
- Safe for the whole family, including babies and pets
- Due to be unrefined it contains higher levels of nutrients than a refined coconut oil does.
- Safe for cloth diapers; does not stain.
- Has lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which offer antibiotic, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant properties
- Due to being unrefined, it cannot take the high heat that refined coconut oil can; it is not well suited for cooking with at high temperatures
- Comes in plastic container
- The occasional person did not like the smell of it
- Not as versatile in its uses as a refined coconut oil is