Last Updated: August 24th 2019
Trader Joe's Coconut Oil Review
Trader Joe's Coconut Oil is USDA certified organic and 100% all natural. It is cold pressed and unrefined, to keep as much as the coconuts natural health properties intact as possible. In addition, Trader Joe's coconut oil is non-hydrogenated and is made in a Kosher friendly environment. The coconuts that Trader Joe's uses for their coconut oil are grown organically in the Philippines and Trader Joe's does all their product packing in the United States.
Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is a very versatile oil. You will want a jar of this oil for the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom! In the kitchen, Trader Joe's coconut oil makes a perfect butter, shortening, margarine or vegetable oil substitute. It tastes great on toasts and muffins and can even be added to breakfast cereal. It is excellent for cooking; however, as it is unrefined, it has a lower smoke point than refined coconut oil does, so is not the best for high heat cooking. Trader Joe's coconut oil is also excellent for baking; leaving a light coconut taste on baked goods. In the bedroom, it makes an excellent massage oil and all over body lotion. In the bathroom, it can be used as a bath oil, deep hair conditioner, shaving cream, daily face cream and for oil pullings. Used regularly it can help heal cracked heels, diminish fine lines and wrinkles and decrease acne.
This coconut oil makes an excellent daily health supplement and can easily be added to a morning smoothie or eaten by spoon straight from the jar. It also makes a superb daily health supplement for dogs and cats. Trader Joe's coconut oil is also excellent for those with skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, athlete's foot, and sunburn. It is also excellent to use on babies for diaper rash and cradle cap, and is safe to use with cloth diapers. Trader Joe's coconut oil contains healthy medium chain fatty acids such as lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid. These beneficial fatty acids have excellent antibiotic, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant properties that help to fight disease and maintain good health inside and out.
- 100% all natural and certified organic coconut oil
- Cold pressed, extra virgin, and unrefined
- Excellent for skin conditions such as eczema
- Does not contain any chemicals or artificial ingredient or bi-product
- Very versatile
- Made in a Kosher friendly environment
- Excellent for skin and hair care
- Contains healthy medium chain fatty acids such as lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid
- A healthy alternative to commercial beauty products
- A healthy alternative to butter, margarine, shortening and vegetable oil
- Safe to use on babies and cloth diaper safe
- Container Size: 16 ounce or 473 millilitres
- Weight: 1 pound
- Product Dimensions: 3.2 x 3.2 x 6.2 inches
The customer reviews for Trader Joe's coconut oil are very positive. Several customers commented on how quickly using this oil healed their dry skin and raved about how well it worked, Another customer stated that she loved it so much she used it in every meal she made for her family. Another reviewer praised it as a skin care and deep conditioner for the hair, saying she had never used better. Several other reviewers raved about how soft and glossy it made their dogs' coats, and many more commented on how much they loved it for cooking and baking with.
There was a couple of negative reviews for Trader Joe's coconut oil; however, they were not about the coconut oil itself. The complaints were about the container being too fragile and the price of the product being too high.
Overall, the majority of people who reviewed Trader Joe's coconut oil liked it enough to say they would buy it again and recommend it to a friend. The majority of reviewers agreed, this particular brand coconut oil is excellent for cooking, and hair and skin care.
- 100% all natural and organic certified
- Made in a kosher friendly environment
- Extra virgin and cold pressed
- Very versatile
- Does not contain any kind of artificial or chemical ingredients
- Healthy alternative to commercial beauty products
- Nice light coconut scent and flavor
- Excellent for low heat cooking and baking
- Has excellent antibiotic, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant properties
- Comes in a glass jar
- Safe for the entire family, including dogs and cats
- Some people felt it was a bit too expensive
- The glass jar the coconut oil comes in is too fragile and breaks easily
- It is not suitable for cooking at high heats